Stag/Stag Digest Archive

Windshield leak,oilcooler install , AC problem, boot pops open and vapor lock

Well my stag is on the road after over six years of being idle.  It is
wonderful to drive a car with power.  It beats my MG hands down.  I have a
couple of problems that I am hoping someone can shed some light on.

1)  I have a leak on the drivers side of the car down by my feet when I
drive in a hard rain.  The water also comes out between the seal and glass
in the corner.  Anybody have this problem.

2)  I ordered the oil cooler adapter from Rimmer and ended up with the
adapter that goes on the oil pressure sending switch plate.  I am looking
for some information or diagrams to show me the lines and the oil cooler
where they go and dimensions.  When I do this; should I install a thermatic
oil switch and if so what is the temperature setting.

3)  I'm trying to get the air conditioner working I have two problems.  The
compressor is bad according to local repair shop. Its a York model; does any
body have any specs. on the compressor and where I can get a replacement.

4)  My boot will pop open when I am driving around, there seems to be no
reason why this happens.  Has anybody else experienced this problem and if
so how do you fix it.

5)  I experience major vapor lock after a long drive on a hot day and the
car is parked for about half an hour in the sun.  The only way to start it
is to crank it like crazy while you pump the gas madly.  Is there a better
way.

I let my wife drive the Stag this weekend.  She liked it so much that she
told me to start driving the 74 MGBGT because she was going to drive the
Stag.  Since she is taking the Stag I have decided to put a V8 into the
MGBGT.  I want to do it like the English factory original installs so do any
of you across the pond know where I can get a complete setup to do the
conversion and literature on the factory V8s such as a parts and repair
manual.  I'm looking for a motor, trans, rear end and all the other parts
for a factory install.  I guess you could say I'm looking for a parts car
with a bad body.  Any ideas and locations will be appreciated.

Thanks
Ralph Vrana (Cleveland, Ohio)
73 Magenta 4 speed
rvrana@domain.elided