Stag/Stag Digest Archive

Rear suspension question

I've rebuilt my Stag's rear suspension and am ready to reinstall it in
the car. The four bolts from the body all have some kind of sealant near
their heads where they go through the body. Is this something I should do
with the new bolts?

Also, when I reassembled the rear brakes I placed the top spring on the
outer facing side of the shoes, but the diagram apparently shows it
placed on the back side. Does this matter? And I couldn't find those
little paper gaskets that go behind the brake cylinders, so I left them
out. Any problem with that?

Thomas Santee