Stag/Stag Digest Archive

[Fwd: Re: Oil & Filters - Advice please!]

--
	Dave Biggs
	Senior Design Engineer

-- BEGIN included message

Chris,

Glad to hear that you have found a Stag.

The problems with the oil filters is exactly the same as the Dolomite, I
believe that Unipart did produce a redesigned filter which solved this
problem.

The spin on oil filter arrangement looks very convenient but I have
heard stories of poor tolerances allowing oil to by pass the filter ! I
don't know if this applies to the Rimmer units.

I would say that the 15/40 oil was OK particularly if you intend to use
it in the winter.

Regards,

Dave.
--
	Dave Biggs
	Senior Design Engineer
	Fujitsu Telecommunications Europe Ltd,
	Birmingham Business Park,Solihull Parkway, Birmingham, B37 7YU.
	mailto:D.Biggs@domain.elided  tel: 0121 717 6094  efax: 0121 717 6014

-- END included message