Stag/Stag Digest Archive

[Fwd: Re: Front Panel]

--
	Dave Biggs
	Senior Design Engineer
	Fujitsu Telecommunications Europe Ltd,
	Birmingham Business Park,Solihull Parkway, Birmingham, B37 7YU.
	mailto:D.Biggs@domain.elided  tel: 0121 717 6094  efax: 0121 717 6014

-- BEGIN included message

Richard,

Yes the sidelight/indicator is just unpainted alloy.

You could try polishing the inside and outside of the glass and the
surface of the reflector (very gently as the `silver' plating is very
thin) but otherwise replacement is the only option.

The Stag badge insert that you buy seems to be slightly too large for
the holder and so if you don't file it down to the correct size you end
up with a very small area at the back of the badge glued to the holder.
I used Evo Stick but it hasn't been on long so I can't comment about
it's longivety.

The front grill panels should be matt black. I sprayed all of mine black
and then carefully wiped off the front edges to leave the alloy finish.
If yours are scratched then they could be polished up, I don't know the
prices of the new ones so it's up to you if you think it's worth
reconditioning the old ones.

Regards,

Dave.
--
	Dave Biggs
	Senior Design Engineer
	Fujitsu Telecommunications Europe Ltd,
	Birmingham Business Park,Solihull Parkway, Birmingham, B37 7YU.
	mailto:D.Biggs@domain.elided  tel: 0121 717 6094  efax: 0121 717 6014

-- END included message