Stag/Stag Digest Archive

Oil & Filters - Advice please!

Good Morning,
Please can anyone offer advice on oil and filters for the Triumph Stag. As a
Dolomite Sprint owner, who has just bought his first Stag, I am aware of
problems obtaining the correct filters for the Dolomite engine. There are
several 'after-market versions' that due to their design, actually block the
oil flow back to the bottom end of the engine, resulting in costly engine
rebuilds. As far as I can see, the Stag has a similar design of filter
arrangement. Does this problem apply to the Stag as well?
Also, Rimmers produce a spin-on oil filter adapter. Has anybody got
experience of using these? Are they recommended?
Finally, what grade of engine is recommended for the engine. Most general
autopart stores stock 15W/40. Is it okay to use this or is 20W/50 best?

I appologise in advance if these are fairly routine questions, I just need
to clarify the situation as a newcomer to Stag ownership.

Many Thanks
Chris Fereday
Technology Deployment

Tel: (017330) 502942