Stag/Stag Digest Archive

Oil puddle beneath carb

Greetings fellow Stag owners,

1/ I recently had quite a bit of fun with a new  fuel pump that was weeping
around the banjos.

I think that it is now sorted. Paddock's sent me some equivalent German
pump which looks sort of similar to the original but is not identical (the
fuel outlet is inclined rather than horizontal,  the threads on the inlet
do not fit the standard banjo bolts  and so a transition adaptor is needed
etc. etc.)

By using the correct fibre washers  and plenty of torque there now finally
seem to be no leaks (no gasket sealant was needed).

2/ Next jobs to do I think will be :
- to trace the source of the oil leak which is causing a puddle of oil on
the top of the engine just under the carbs - is this a standard problem ?
- tune up.  I notice that on the maintenance video Tony Hart steers away
from home tune up and just says leave it to the professionals. Why ?   Got
any tips ?  Since I have a Gunson CO meter and air flowmeter I'd like to
 have a go.

3/ Stag still for sale.

Thanks

Louis Mehr