Stag/Stag Digest Archive

Draughty Door

Hi all
I'm warm. The draught is stopped. Can you believe how much air came in through
that chink before it was sealed up.
I slit the rubber with a stanley knife just above the shoulder of the door. I
then glued a piece of Plastic poly tube in the draught excluder to push out
the profile of the rubber.
I will have to get new rubbers, because there is not much resilience in mine,
which may well be the root casue of the problem. I noticed at the Classic Show
all the Stags there had a tubular rubber profile, whereas mine is a "U" shape.
I notice that this is similar to those in the pictures of new Stags in car
test articles from the early seventies.
Do we automatically get this "O" section now if we order new door rubber.
Peter
Lead Free and Tax Free