Stag/Stag Digest Archive

Re: Diff oil leak

Nick

Then it looks like your quill shaft bearing may be the cause of the
problem.

As I mentioned before, to my knowledge only Tony hart sells a nose oil seal
that works.

If you don't want to strip it all again now, be very careful not to let the
diff oil level get low, it is very easy to have big problems which are
usually caused by the oil seal going 'dry', then being burnt by friction of
the shaft, so next time you refill it, the oil will come out very quickly
and overheat the whole diff.

Mike