From: owner-ihc@domain.elided [mailto:owner-ihc@domain.elided] On Behalf Of
Jim Camery
Sent: Sunday, December 19, 2004 9:06 AM
To: Jim or Ginger Aos
Cc: Ryan Moore; IH Digest
Subject: Re: [ihc] Last of the Light Lines - Vintage Truck

Regarding the axles and such on the last truck made, it is listed to
have option 10987, a 10k GVW package.  It has a 392, 4-speed, New
Process gear-driven transfer case (I'm plagairizing here), a 4.88 axle,
and duals.  The article lists the current owner as Nick Foster of
Jefferson, IA.  Curiously, it doesn't have the highest serial number but

trucks apparently weren't/aren't built in order of serial.  It does have

the highest lineset number for the day (2-8232, meaning assembly line 2,

job 8232).  IH has confirmed that it's the last of the last.

The article lists the current owner of the last Scout as Mike Bolton of
Glidden IA., as you said, Ryan.  From the pictures, I can't imagine
restoring it.  More of a job to cut the numbers off the frame, weld them

onto a donor, and call it "restored."  (I have a friend who pretty much
did this with a Sunbeam Tiger).

Jim Camery