Re: [ihc] Last of the Light Lines - Vintage Truck

Regarding the axles and such on the last truck made, it is listed to have option 10987, a 10k GVW package. It has a 392, 4-speed, New Process gear-driven transfer case (I'm plagairizing here), a 4.88 axle, and duals. The article lists the current owner as Nick Foster of Jefferson, IA. Curiously, it doesn't have the highest serial number but trucks apparently weren't/aren't built in order of serial. It does have the highest lineset number for the day (2-8232, meaning assembly line 2, job 8232). IH has confirmed that it's the last of the last.

The article lists the current owner of the last Scout as Mike Bolton of Glidden IA., as you said, Ryan. From the pictures, I can't imagine restoring it. More of a job to cut the numbers off the frame, weld them onto a donor, and call it "restored." (I have a friend who pretty much did this with a Sunbeam Tiger).

Jim Camery