Re: [ihc] Last of the Light Lines - Vintage Truck

----- Original Message -----
From: "Jim Camery" <jcamery@domain.elided>
To: "IH Digest" <ihc-digest@domain.elided>
Sent: Saturday, December 18, 2004 19:21
Subject: [ihc] Last of the Light Lines - Vintage Truck

> Binderphiles:
>
> The Feb 2005 issue of Vintage Truck that showed in my mailbox yesterday
> (what, other than magazines, consistently show up 1 1/2 months early?)
> has a couple of IH articles.  There is a nice spread on the last light
> truck manufactured by IH and the last Scout.

Basically they date their magazine 1-1.5 months off? ;)

> The last truck was a white 1975 200 4x4, vin E0350EHB36688.  It was
> produced as a grey cab and chassis and had a utility body added.  It
> currently has a flat bed and still has only 46k on it.  The current
> owner bought it at an auction and only discovered later that it is the
> last of the last.  It has "Last Truck built 5/4/75" inside the back of
> the cab.

That's a dually, right?  Dana 70 front if it's a 1 ton... wonder what rear
end it has.

That truck is just a few miles from Mike Bolton (see below), who is friends
with the guy who owns that truck.

> The last Scout was a 1970 Scout II, vin K0063KGD23023.  It had air, a
> diesel, and other options.  It was made for a member of the IH Board of
> Directors who used it for hunting.  It looks like it's had a rough life
> but is still running.  Someone wrote "10-20-80 The End" on the
> transmission housing.  It's still a daily driver for someone.

Mike Bolton owns that one (1980 though <vbg>), he tried to get ahold of it
for a long time before they let him have it.  I've talked to him online
some, he seems to be a really nice, standup, guy.  He has a really nice '80
rallye that he had before and he also just acquired another diesel scout
fairly recently that could use some work.  I think he may be a lurker on
here too.

> There's also a nice pictoral on a 1973 1310 with a dump body and duals..

In good shape I take it?

Need to get a certain 1310 travelette actually moved so I can start working
on it...

-Ryan

---