Reply: Reply: [ihc] Ebay Warning

On Tue, 14 Dec 2004, Ryan Moore wrote:

----- Original Message -----
From: "Ted Borck" <tborck@domain.elided>
To: "Ryan Moore" <baradium@domain.elided>
Cc: "ihc-digest" <ihc@domain.elided>
Sent: Tuesday, December 14, 2004 09:22
Subject: Reply: [ihc] Ebay Warning

With getting into specifics of how this person is - I believe I've met
this guy on one of my visits to the Nashville area - is his father a
doctor?

I'm guessing you're asking *who* he is?
Sorry about the *how* typo, meant to type *who*.

I don't care to re-learn his identity, just want to satisfy my curiosity if it's the same guy I visited.

If it's who I think he is - IIRC his father is a doctor, and the family lives on Murfresboro (or just off) Road, not too far from the interstate from Chattanooga to Nashville.

Several years ago, I drove down from Nashville to look at what he had for sale. Some of it was good stuff.

All the Scout vehicles and stuff is lying outside in the barnyards, and in any of one of several barns/farm buildings, behind their house.

Can't be too many people in Murfresboro with that many Scout parts.

I'm not sure, I don't know much about him really since he's never really
been up here while I've been here. I can find out fairly easily though.  The
guys from around here know who he is, although from talking to them it's not
a really big surprise he'd pull something like this.  Other than parting out
almost every single scout in this area, including some rather nice ones
aparrently, he's stepped on a lot of toes.  One guy said he's surprised he'd
even bother listing on the BB, something to the effect that he was surprised
anyone on the BB would buy from him.
Yea, the guy I'm thinking of is a Mr. Personality.

If you want his name, I don't really have any qualms with giving it to you,
he sells stuff under it so it's not like giving it out is a personal attack
or something.
The name wouldn't mean anything to me.

I would *personally* inspect before *any* money changes hands.

Caveat emptor.

--
Ted Borck	tborck@domain.elided