[ihc] Ebay Warning

I'm not trying to slander anyone, but I don't want anyone on this list to
see this and not go into it with at least a little pause.

For those of you on the BB, there was a lot of parts listed in the
classifieds in Mufreesboro, TN.  Being that's where I am, I gladly offered
to take some pictures for a new IH convert in NC (Jordan) who liked the idea
of getting a lot of parts he might need someday (as well as extras) right
off the bat for what seemed like it might be a good deal.  There weren't any
pictures, so I went and took shots with my digicam of everything except what
the seller specifically said wasn't going to send to him so he wouldn't have
to worry about coming all the way out here and be dissapointed.

Now, the seller goes to school in Atlanta (ironically enough) and couldn't
remember exactly what was there and exactly what he was planning on keeping,
so I sent him copies too so he could point out anything that was staying
(again, so there would be no dissapointments).  These parts had been listed
for almost a week when I took the pictures.  Over the weekend he e-mailed my
new friend and asked what he thought (I took the pictures and e-mailed a few
out  Friday and the rest Saturday afternoon).  Now, this guy was busy all
weekend so didn't get back to him after letting him know that he was looking
at the pictures (before being asked what he thought).  By this afternoon the
lot is on ebay, using the pictures *I* took!

Now, to make matters even *more* interesting, I was taking pictures just to
show specific items, *not* condition, because I was planning on talking to
Jordan on the phone as he looked at them.  This means that some stuff that
looks really good in pictures doesn't look all that great in person... and
some stuff I got pictures of didn't appear on the auction... of course, some
of this is because I had problems with my camera and those files were
corrupted, but he said there are too many for ebay to let him post them
all... wonder how many of those pictures are ones he doesn't really care for
people to see.  Interestingly enough, some of the stuff he lists, I didn't
see anywhere either...

Of course... I didn't think the lot was really worth it, so as far as I'm
concerned it's not too much of a loss to Jordan, but it still annoys me and
I really don't want anyone else I know to go after these parts due to
pictures *I* took and then feel ripped off!  Of course, then there's the
underlying annoyance of feeling that he's taking advantage of my trying to
help someone so he can take my pictures to sell to someone else.

<http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=79414632
56&category=46098>

That's the auction...  his asking price was $1500, so I bet that's his
reserve.

Ok, I guess this turned into a rant.  Anyway, ye be warned.

-Ryan

---