Reply: [ihc] Straight 6 4X4 pickup

On Thu, 9 Dec 2004, Ryan Moore wrote:

----- Original Message -----
From: "Ted Borck" <tborck@domain.elided>
To: "Jim Grammer" <jgrammer@domain.elided>
<snip>

What I saw was an (color was sort of a) international orange circa 1970s
1200 4X4 pickup truck, with a straight 6 engine.

The parts guy told me that the truck had an actual 60 miles on the
odometer, and that it had been purchased new, then stored until recently.

--
Ted Borck tborck@domain.elided

Ok, 1200 or 1210?  1200 indicates "c series" to me, which would also mean
the possibility of when the IH motors were still around, which *were* used
in 4x4s.

That's a really cool story though.  Did you happen to keep track of it?

At the time I just noted that it appeared to be one of those "brand new 20 year old low mileage truck found stored in a barn" type of story.

Other than being dusty, it looked like it had just rolled off the showroom floor.

IIRC, the truck had 8 lug wheels (not 6 like my 1969 12xx), and it was definitely a newer body style than my 1969. I remember remarking that it was a lot of truck for a straight six to haul around. My thinking being that I was familar with how a 266 V8 hauled the weight of my 1969 4X4 Travelette, with front mounted PTO Warn winch around.

Also, I hoped the owner would realize what they had, and relegate the vehicle to "special occasions."

Remember this is Miami, FL, salt air and all.

--
Ted Borck tborck@domain.elided