Re: [ihc] A question...Excursion solids?

----- Original Message -----
From: "Jim Grammer" <jgrammer@domain.elided>
To: "Tom Mandera" <tsm1@domain.elided>; "Jim or Ginger Aos"
<jaos@domain.elided>
Cc: "Ed Sohm" <idaemes@domain.elided>; <ihc@domain.elided>
Sent: Monday, October 04, 2004 10:02
Subject: RE: [ihc] A question...Excursion solids?

> *4WD* Excursions are solid front axle w/leaf springs, i.e. Jan's PSD(IH
> content) equipped 2002. SuperDuty, as TM sez.
>
> I've seen a pic of the new coil spring D60 front end. Seeing as the
> Excursion's reportedly in the final model year, I'm thinking it's prolly
not
> gonna get the new bits. Magazine report I saw recently only mentioned a
> front end trim update.
>
> Jim

So Ford has decided that the Excursion is not something they want to
continue?   Guess that means the 'Burb gets to be the largest production one
again...

As far as new bits, since the excursion uses a superduty front end, it seems
like not swapping to the new bits would be more expensive than changing.

Thanks,
Ryan

---