RE: [ihc] A question...

Sometimes Mac, you and I do agree.  Seldom, but sometimes <g>  I would
really like to have a sleeper on the back of a pickup.  I saw one in
Sheridan Wyo. in the fall of '95.  The new (at that time) Dodge pickups
hadn't been out long and there was a cab-chassis in the parking lot that
had a real semi sleeper on behind the cab.  No flatbed or anything
behind that. Just a cobbled up hitch so they could pull a hot shot
trailer.  I fell in love even though they hadn't done a nice job of it.
To put a period sleeper on an old truck would be way cool for traveling.

Too bad nothing wants to line up to use a big sleeper on a pickup.  The
one I saw just had a piece of plywood blocking the front entrance and he
evidently crawled into it through a side door. I guess you could do a
huge body lift, re-do the roofline of the pickup cab, or notch the floor
of the sleeper so it will sit down around the framerails.

Ed

Snip>>>

while i'm thinking about it, the Crismon book shows a "sleeper" cab
extension for the A series.  it's a factory conversion, at least that's
what
the book says.  it looks really neat, and it fits in well with the body
style.  i'm wondering what it would take to do something like that to
the
B182.  would be far more practical than an all-wheel-drive conversion,
and
might even be less costly (instant kid travel accomodations!).  anybody
have
any experience with this kind of stuff?

the usual nickel and grain of salt, you know the drill.

--Mac