Re: [ihc] A question...

----- Original Message -----
From: "Ed Sohm" <idaemes@domain.elided>
To: "'Mac McMuffin'" <mac@domain.elided>; "'Joel Furtek'"
<jf7e@domain.elided>; <ihc@domain.elided>
Sent: Tuesday, September 28, 2004 14:51
Subject: RE: [ihc] A question...

> Sometimes Mac, you and I do agree.  Seldom, but sometimes <g>  I would
> really like to have a sleeper on the back of a pickup.  I saw one in
> Sheridan Wyo. in the fall of '95.  The new (at that time) Dodge pickups
> hadn't been out long and there was a cab-chassis in the parking lot that
> had a real semi sleeper on behind the cab.  No flatbed or anything
> behind that. Just a cobbled up hitch so they could pull a hot shot
> trailer.  I fell in love even though they hadn't done a nice job of it.
> To put a period sleeper on an old truck would be way cool for traveling.
>

> Too bad nothing wants to line up to use a big sleeper on a pickup.  The
> one I saw just had a piece of plywood blocking the front entrance and he
> evidently crawled into it through a side door. I guess you could do a
> huge body lift, re-do the roofline of the pickup cab, or notch the floor
> of the sleeper so it will sit down around the framerails.
>
> Ed

I occassionally see some full sized pickups with sleepers on them, usually
for companies that haul camper trailers to the dealerships (or dealerships
picking them up?).

Most recently was two days ago, really nice job, looked as nice of an
install as on the big trucks.  Had a regular dually bed on it and also
looked like the sleeper was specifically for a pickup truck rather than a
semi.  Was on a new dodge towing one of the aforementioned brand new campers
to a dealer.  Price is a question, but sleepers of the right size are out
there now...

-Ryan

---