[ihc] GVW's Seemingly no rhyme or reason

I have two 72 t-ettes. Both 1210 4x4's. One built late in 71 and the other a few months later in june I think of 72. The later truck has a 6100 GVW while the other truck says 7500 on the door tag. The 6100 truck had a 392/auto and the 7500 had a 345/auto. I am trying to understand why two identical trucks have a 1400lb. differential. Both aree D44 fronts and D60 rears. The truck that has the lighter GVW has 6 leaves in the rear springs while the heavier one has 5(!) . What was the max GVW on a 4x4 t-ette and can anyone explain this to me?

Rocky