RE: [ihc] GVW's Seemingly no rhyme or reason

>I have two 72 t-ettes. Both 1210 4x4's. One built late in 71 and the other
a few months later in june I think of 72. The
>later truck has a 6100 GVW while the other truck says 7500 on the door tag.
The 6100 truck had a 392/auto and the 7500 had a >345/auto. I am trying to
understand why two identical trucks have a 1400lb. differential. Both aree
D44 fronts and D60
>rears. The truck that has the lighter GVW has 6 leaves in the rear springs
while the heavier one has 5(!) . What was the max >GVW on a 4x4 t-ette and
can anyone explain this to me?

>Rocky

At least 8200#, I have a 1210 Travelall rated at that.

Don't try to understand it, it'll just give you a headache ;)

Are both T-ettes the same wheelbase? Does one have 'big balls'(44HD)?

There are formulas for calculating GVW in the big IH Sales Engineering
catalogs, but they don't seem to apply consistently to the Light Line.

Jim