Re: [ihc] GVW's Seemingly no rhyme or reason

----- Original Message -----
From: "Jim Grammer" <jgrammer@domain.elided>
To: "Rocky Lear" <rockylear@domain.elided>; <ihc-digest@domain.elided>
Sent: Monday, September 27, 2004 18:23
Subject: RE: [ihc] GVW's Seemingly no rhyme or reason

> >I have two 72 t-ettes. Both 1210 4x4's. One built late in 71 and the
other
> a few months later in june I think of 72. The
> >later truck has a 6100 GVW while the other truck says 7500 on the door
tag.
> The 6100 truck had a 392/auto and the 7500 had a >345/auto. I am trying to
> understand why two identical trucks have a 1400lb. differential. Both aree
> D44 fronts and D60
> >rears. The truck that has the lighter GVW has 6 leaves in the rear
springs
> while the heavier one has 5(!) . What was the max >GVW on a 4x4 t-ette and
> can anyone explain this to me?
>
> >Rocky
>

> At least 8200#, I have a 1210 Travelall rated at that.

I'm working on transport for a '71 1310 travelette 4x4 dually... I imagine
the GVWR on that is a bit above that aforementioned 8200#.   I'll see if I
can get an exact figure on it.

IIRC Crismon's may show a 1510 4x4 travelette in it?   Might be mistaken
there I guess...  I know they made 1310 travelettes though!   Just need to
get it moved, only people I know who have a trailer and truck big enough to
move something this size (lwb travelette dually with a massive front bumper)
can't do it right now, been working on it for a while (I think I mentioned
it on here before).

BTW, I havn't yet received the original post in this thread either...

Thanks,
Ryan

---