[ihc] Travelall's Hoe!

   Sunday, Dennis Petterson and myself bought 3 Travelalls and a pickup
from a guy in MD.
   Dennis picked up the pickup on Saturday and brought it up to my
house, then Sunday we drove down with his Travelette and a trailer. We
picked up the one Travelall on the trailer and I hooked up Bennett Moe's
tow bar to the other Travelall and the Travelall that I was getting.
   After leaving the guys house, we got about 2 miles down the road and
the passenger front tire on the towed Travelall blew out! I veered into
the incoming traffic as I struggled to regain control of the truck.
After I got it over to the side of the road, we had to change the tire.
The hour or so this took would prove valuable later on.
   Once we got the tire fixed we got back on the road to find that the
tow bar wasn't quite tight enough. It was pushing me all over the road,
so we pulled over and tightened it up. After that it was like the truck
wasn't even back there.
   As we got near Dover, Dennis got a call from Sele telling us that the
race had one lap left. We had no chance of avoiding the race traffic. We
sat for 2 straight hours without moving more than THREE FEET! What a
mess that was.
   We left the guys house at around 3 PM and got home at my house at 10
PM! Dennis then turned around and drove home to VA! I tried to get him
to stay, but; he said he missed his wife and kids and wanted to get
home. (O.K., maybe his kids!) <g>
--
Dan Nees
cookiedan@domain.elided