Re: [ihc] New Int. Truck release

On Sep 13, 2004, at 11:57 AM, mark stegmann wrote:

Mark... give me manual shifters any day!!!!!!!
Mark, by friend, that Allison tranny will be going strong a million miles after being put into that truck. Our school buses had something like 40 million miles accrued before they had the first problem with one of the Allison transmissions.

A lot of the many bus drivers were real yo-yo's and most of our routes were in heavily mountainous areas. Allison trannies are just the ticket for yo-yo's. Of course, those buses had recorders on them that kept track of rpm's and shift points, so yo-yo's couldn't get away with many mistakes.

Oh, I just realized that you were going to have a million mile clutch in your new truck. Well, in that case .... <bg>

John

John Hofstetter
Ol' Saline
www.goldrush.com/~hofs