Re: [ihc] GVW comparisons

John M. Adams wrote:

I notice the GVW rating on my '79 Scout is 6,200 lbs. It has a 100"
wheelbase. My '67 1100B T'All has a 5,600 lb GVW and a 119" W/B.

This seems odd to me... The axles are the same, but everything else about
the Travelall is heavier - fuel tanks, spring packs, engine, transmission,
transfer case... The frame is longer, and *looks* as sturdy, or more sturdy
than the Scout's.
What's really funny is when you go and weigh the Travelall... my '72 4x4 1110 tipped the scales at 2700lbs front, 2840lbs rear on a 6,000lbs GVWR.. without the driver, or passenger. 5540lbs empty.

Add two adults and a cooler, and you're done.

Forget about taking 5 adults skiing, or wheelin'.. or 4 of us out for Christmas Trees, then strapping three big pine trees to the roof..

Scary to think of what I did when I hooked up my trailer, loaded my tools inside, and went racing. :D