[ihc] GVW comparisons

I notice the GVW rating on my '79 Scout is 6,200 lbs. It has a 100"
wheelbase. My '67 1100B T'All has a 5,600 lb GVW and a 119" W/B.

This seems odd to me... The axles are the same, but everything else about
the Travelall is heavier - fuel tanks, spring packs, engine, transmission,
transfer case... The frame is longer, and *looks* as sturdy, or more sturdy
than the Scout's.

Is the Scout really that much more "stout"? Or were there some changes made
in the way the numbers were crunched between '67 and '79?

Thanks,

John A.