[ihc] Truck body lift / bed

Ryan Moore wrote:

I'd just like to comment on this. I notice that most body lifts done to
pickups don't consider the points where the bed contacts the frame for
weight distribution. They just replace where bolts go. I strongly suggest
putting something where the bed would normally contact the frame so you can
actually fill your bed without damaging it. ;) I imagine you would have
taken care of that anyway, just venting on a pet peeve.

I'm considering the body lift while taking into account I need to replace the front clip (so it'll be off), and I need to lift the box off to paint (should I ever do that) AND while the box off would be the easiest time to build the gooseneck mounting plate - which would sit just under the box, so it would need to account for any body lift. The other motivating factor was Epp advising me to move a rear crossmember around and install 33gal Scout II fuel tank where the spare tire would ordinarly go.. a whole lot easier to do with the bed off, too. :D

-Tom