[ihc] Mac's U-joints

At 2:05 PM -0600 7/28/04, Mac McMuffin wrote:
it looks like the B182 is going to need new U-joints...so here's the question: what do i tell the parts guys so that i get theright U-joints? is there a part number available?
thanks in advance for the help.
--Mac
Mac, et al,
Mea culpa for not responding sooner. It looks like my employment here may be ending, so I've been soul- and job-searching for the last week or two.

Now, then.

According to MT-107, For B-180's without an auxiliary transmission, with a V-8, and with chassis # greater than SB184971 (yours is way higher), refer to illustration 6-86.

At 6-86, all the U-joints are referred to 6-47, line F.

6-47 line F lists the following IH part #s:
Kit 913 774 R91
(4) Bearing 913 714 R11
(4) Seal 913 716 R1
Spider 913 717 R91
Snap Ring 645 141 R1
Lube 109 454

I would hope that a local Navistar/ITEC/whamalammadingdong dealer could locate that for you, or at least find a competitive cross ref?

Hope that helps, can't wait to see the B182 rolling down the road!

Knocking on wood, anybody who makes it to Carlisle will see the B184 there, bring your air tools and we'll run 'em all day on the 12cfm compressor. That is, if you'll chip in for the gas to run the 345! :-)

Best to all,
Joel

--
Joel Furtek <http://homepage.mac.com/heelsroll>; jf7e@domain.elided
Boatman, Virginia Women's Rowing 434/981-6811 (cell); 434/975-CREW (boathouse)