RE: [ihc] RE: Cushioning Rocky

Don't hold your breath ;)

I have at least 2 sets of good OE mounts, that'll hold me for awhile. Time
for 'spec' development work is scarce. It's almost August, and the heads are
still off my topless SII :(

I bought a set of the GM mounts a while back. I see no reason they wouldn't
work with a properly dimensioned spacer. For that matter, why not *fab* a
sturdier bellhousing x-member that is dimesioned to use the GM mounts? We
all know the stock x-member is no great shakes.

>I'm also starting to consider a body lift for my Travelette, to help
>clear the T-35 with less tranny tunnel butchery.

I was able to get a set of Blazer urethane mounts to work on my body-swapped
T-all, by turning the dished recess in the top(to match the floor) and
opening up the frame brackets for the cast-in-place locating ring on the
mounts. I want to say they were about 3/4" taller than the stock mounts.

Jim