[ihc] RE: Mac's U-joints

## >> According to MT-107, For B-180's without an auxiliary transmission,
## >> with a V-8, and with chassis # greater than SB184971 (yours is way
## >> higher), refer to illustration 6-86.
## >>
## >> At 6-86, all the U-joints are referred to 6-47, line F.
## >>
## >> 6-47 line F lists the following IH part #s:
## >> Kit		913 774 R91
## >> (4) Bearing	913 714 R11
## >> (4) Seal		913 716 R1
## >> Spider		913 717 R91
## >> Snap Ring		645 141 R1
## >> Lube		109 454
## >>
## >> I would hope that a local Navistar/ITEC/whamalammadingdong dealer
## >> could locate that for you, or at least find a competitive cross ref?

well now.  i just got off the phone with the local El Paso International
dealer's parts department.  nice fellow, very friendly and helpful.
unfortunately the ITEC computer system he has only goes back to 1983, so we
couldn't cross-reference my B182 through the computer.  but there is good
news.

according to the parts guy i spoke with, the numbers listed in MT-107 are
still the current part numbers.  Kit # 913 774 R91 is the correct part
number for a compleat U-joint.  the other numbers are for individual parts
for somebody who wants to rebuild or recondition an existing U-joint.  list
price for the full kit is $24.19 and they don't have them in stock.  three
to four day regular stock order, or overnight with an additional fifteen to
twenty dollar freight charge.

--Mac

Wassail!

Krystof "Mac" MacBryghde
TyrGothi

http://master.triad.ath.cx/
---
This message is certified Virus Free.  However;
Don't take *my* word for it, check it yourself.