RE: [ihc] WORT for sale - off topic

## >> A lot of you will likely have heard of or know all about the
## >> WORT (weird off
## >> road truck), built by Rob Gray in Australia. (If not, go here:
## >> http://www.robgray.com/index.htm and click on the "For Sale"
## >> icon in the
## >> upper left corner. Go to bottom and click on "diary" or
## >> "synopsis", etc.
## >> It's well worth the time spent, in my opinion...) Anyway, I
## >> just wanted to
## >> point out that after 3 or so years, he's selling it. I don't
## >> know Rob, or
## >> anything about him other than what's on his website, but I'm
## >> hoping I can
## >> stir up some interest. If someone in the States buys his rig,
## >> and brings it
## >> home, I can perhaps finally get a closer look at it. I'll
## >> likely never make
## >> it to OZ, so it's my only chance. :) ~John A.

wow.  that's one heck of an RV.  my goodness.  i want one.  looking at that
thing has got me wondering...  what it might take to build a fifth-wheel RV
similar to that, one that i could haul around behind my B182 once it's back
on the road.  <drool>  go ahead and do the all wheel drive conversion (how
hard is it to get a 2-speed steering axle to match my rear axle?)...  what
fun!  no, i'll probably never build anything like that (the 4x4 conversion
is on the back burner, however)...  but i'm sure thinkin' about it!  +)

thanks for the link, John.  i've been exploring the website and details of
that truck all morning (since 04:50), and have gotten *nothing* else
accomplished.  it's all your fault!  but as you said, time well spent.  that
is perhaps the neatest truck i've seen in a very long time.  i'm very
impressed with the design, functionality, and all the nice amenities.  that
folding rear deck and retractable ladder are blinking *cool*!  lot of
ingenuity and craftsmanship in there.  i really like the way he built the
body and framework with the multi-point flexible mountings.

--Mac

Wassail!

Krystof "Mac" MacBryghde
TyrGothi

http://master.triad.ath.cx/
---
This message is certified Virus Free.  However;
Don't take *my* word for it, check it yourself.