RE: [ihc] WORT for sale - off topic

Me too. But we have to bring it home, first.

> looking at that
> thing has got me wondering...  what it might take to build a
> fifth-wheel RV
> similar to that, one that i could haul around behind my B182 once
> it's back
> on the road.  <drool>  go ahead and do the all wheel drive conversion (how
> hard is it to get a 2-speed steering axle to match my rear axle?)...  what
> fun!  no, i'll probably never build anything like that (the 4x4 conversion

Likely neither will I... That's why we need to buy the WORT.

> is on the back burner, however)...  but i'm sure thinkin' about it!  +)
>
> thanks for the link, John.  i've been exploring the website and details of
> that truck all morning (since 04:50), and have gotten *nothing* else
> accomplished.  it's all your fault!  but as you said, time well

I'm sorry, Mac. All I can say is... "I feel your pain" Only I mean it
sincerely. I've blown many hours reading about stuff like this. I found his
site almost two years ago, and I remember I stayed up most of that night.

> spent.  that
> is perhaps the neatest truck i've seen in a very long time.  i'm very
> impressed with the design, functionality, and all the nice
> amenities.  that

Yeah, it's one thing that he built it, but that he documented the project so
thoroughly really adds to the whole drool factor, doesn't it? One can really
drill down and appreciate all the details.

> folding rear deck and retractable ladder are blinking *cool*!  lot of
> ingenuity and craftsmanship in there.  i really like the way he built the
> body and framework with the multi-point flexible mountings.

So what do you say? He only wants $175K, and I assume that's AU dollars. We
could start a pool and share it. Each contributor would get it for a year,
then pass it on at one of the annual IH gatherings to the next in line. As
Howard points out, it IS an IH at heart, so it would be perfectly kosher. I
wonder what shipping from down under will cost??  ~John A.