Re: [ihc] IHC tractor show +

On Jul 27, 2004, at 2:29 PM, Jim or Ginger Aos wrote:

Lyndes is about 13
miles north of Bellingham and east of I-5 about 8 miles.  I have no
financial interest in this event.
Jim Aos

Lynden is also one of the most beautiful little cities in the country. Wonderful old park in a grove of trees right next to where they have their steam and old time tractor show.

We went to a 4th of July shindig there a few years ago, and it was one of the most patriotic events to which we've ever been. However, they had strung a number of long cords with firecrackers in series along the cords. One firecracker was supposed to light the next, so that you had a long sequence of firecrackers going off pretty much over your head. Well, on the cord nearest us, the first firecracker broke the cord loose from where it was tied, and the cord became a wild writhing snake spitting fire as it whipped around, over, and through the crowd. If anyone got burned, no one admitted it. Pretty scary and in retrospect, pretty funny.

We love Lynden.

John Hofstetter
Ol' Saline
www.goldrush.com/~hofs