[ihc] Off topic brake question

I understand many here are do it yourself brake mechanics, but I'm not and
as we were looking for something to
tow a 4 horse trailer, we purchased a 91 'Burb.   When we did a pre purchase
check, the mechanic I normally go
to told us the brakes were in need of total replacement soon: rear drums
turned, new rear shoes, new front pads and
I can't remember now if it was new front rotors or just resurfacing and
quoted me $900 for the job.

My wife is now insisting we take advantage of a Brake Team $99 offer.  I
remember talk way back when about the
pitfalls of the Midas "Lifetime" brake shoes and am wondering what the catch
is between the price between my
local guy and the chain operation.  I understand that the BT price would
have to be a little more than $99, but no
where near 9 bills.

Feel free to reply offlist.   Thanks,

Leo Horishny
Sun Valley, NV