Re: [ihc] Trading a T98 for a T-35

Tom Reed wrote:

Ooh, a brownie sounds great. My Travelette has a t-35 in it. It looks like
are running 235/85 - 16 tires with 3.73 gears it cruses at 70 just fine and
first is plenty low. The brownie might be nice for splitting gears with a
load though. My rig has a bit of a wide 3 - 4 shift when hill climbing with
a load.
When I originally bought the brownie, I was interested in using it as an OD box for "light" highway cruising. As a side bonus, the gears in the brownie would split the T98 quite nicely.

With the 5spd, I don't think I'll need to split the gears as much, and with a healthy engine, I'm not as concerned about the need for an OD, and might just jump up in tire size a bit to help in that department instead.

I'm currently running 4.30 gears and 235/85-16s. Truck pulls at 3500rpm and 75mph *quite* well, and knocks on 10mpg doing it.

Keeps me from getting speeding tickets, too.

Still, adding the brownie would get me to about a 3.54 final gear for running empty or lightly loaded.

It's nice having the wheelbase to at least have the option of the brownie. I have room enough for the 392, 5spd, divorced NP205, and the divorced brownie and I'll still have more driveshaft that a lot of trucks. ;)