[ihc] RE: Manual Transmission Differences T-18 & T-19 for Various Engines & Transfer Cases

Good information as always.  I have a picture of my T-18 looking into the
bell housing when I had the engine out.  Is there someone that can compare
it to a T-19 that they have or will recognize the bell housing to
transmission bolt pattern?  I would be glad to send it over.

If I had both set ups (T-18/Dana 20 and T-19/Single Speed) could I use the
bull gear from my T-18/Dana 20 on a T-19/Dana 20?

I think I also need to be clearer about what I am thinking of doing.  I
currently have a '72 Scout II running an AMC 360 with the original drive
train.  The Scout originally came with a 258 that I swapped out a few years
ago.

In searching for the parts for my next project on the Scout I ran across a
192/T-19/Single speed transfer case setup.  If the T-19 is a wide ratio unit
I want to swap out my T-18 for the T-19 and keep the rest of my drive train.

Everything except the clutch works fine.  Since I need to drop the
transmission to replace the clutch with one with more holding power I
thought it would be a good time to do the transmission swap too if it would
all bolt together.

I am playing with all Scout II parts except for the 360.  The 360 should not
make a difference because the changes I had to make to get it in the Scout
had nothing to do with the drive train.