[ihc] 727 trannsmission leak

Thanks for all the head gasket advice.  That little project is coming along
nicely.  I'm taking the entire engine apart and pulled to pistons today.
Maybe new oil rings?

Anyway, I'm also working on my 727 transmission that has a little leak.  I
recall a post a few weeks back about someone having a leak where the
shifting assembly attaches to the transmission body.  That's where my leak
is.  Does that have to be addressed from under the transmission with the
fluid pan off, or can it be removed/replaced from above through the
floorboard?