Re: [ihc] 727 trannsmission leak

On Tuesday, April 27, 2004, at 10:51 PM, <spamaddy@domain.elided> wrote:

Anyway, I'm also working on my 727 transmission that has a little leak. I
recall a post a few weeks back about someone having a leak where the
shifting assembly attaches to the transmission body. That's where my leak
is. Does that have to be addressed from under the transmission with the
fluid pan off, or can it be removed/replaced from above through the
floorboard?

Either way. I prefer to drop the valve body, replace the TWO seals, replace the tranny fluid and filter, and have the whole job done.

Other guys pry the outer seal out and replace it without dropping the valve body. I don't feel that gives as much control over checking everything out, but .....

Pretty easy job to drop the valve body. Hardest part is pulling or pounding the new outer seal into its seat. You can make a "puller", or with some help tap it into place from up in the engine compartment.

John
John Hofstetter
www.goldrush.com/~hofs