Re: [ihc] Spring repair kit

John Hofstetter wrote:

After my broken main leaf experience in Death Valley, with my auto I ordered one and it looks pretty good, plus it was not very expensive. $25 from Summit. It comes with a myriad of warnings about only driving 5 mph, and only going a short distance, but they'd have to do that for
Sheesh, John.. when I broke a leaf spring on the trail, I replaced the broken leaf with my Hi-Lift Jack handle.

I then proceeded to drive at a rather normal speed back into Moab, around town, out to the junkyard, and to a few other places before finally finding a good used leaf spring which I then replaced my broken-spring/Hi-Lift combination with.

No need for a fancy "spring repair kit" when you have the Jack-of-All-things with you..