Re: [ihc] 3/1 phase question

----- Original Message -----
From: "Greg Hermann" <bearbvd@domain.elided>
To: "Ryan Moore" <baradium@domain.elided>; "Joel Furtek" <jf7e@domain.elided>;
<ihc@domain.elided>
Sent: Monday, April 05, 2004 23:04
Subject: Re: [ihc] 3/1 phase question

> At 10:43 PM 4/5/04, Ryan Moore wrote:

But that means you only get 1/3 of the power output (although it would work
and it sounds like the thing may even be big enough to do what he wants like
that too).

> I've never seen a rotating three phase converter run backwards---but MAYBE

> I suppose you could rectify the 3 phase and then feed the DC from that to
> 1 phase inverter, but that would cost more than getting the right
generator
> !!
>
> Greg

I think a mechanical inverter might not be too bad, I'm sure they exist out
there somewhere too, I don't know if the rotating 3 phases can run
backwards, depends if the 3 phase is set up so it can run as a motor too...

-Ryan

---