Re: [ihc] Re: Strange Behavior

on 3/21/04 7:09 AM, Dennis Bernth at scoutdude@domain.elided wrote:

> It's possible that the first set you had
> were the really good wires, but maybe the new company is subscribing to the
> Autozone code of buying cheap parts, calling them 'lifetime', and hoping
> people get tired of replacing them eventually.
> Dennis

Can't beat the Magnecor plug wires. The very best by any test except for
price.

I guess you all probably know that regardless of what high energy ignition
you have, the voltage put out by the system is determined by the resistance
of the circuit. This includes the air gap of the plug.

So, if I have a system that is only demanding 18KV with the standard coil
etc., and if I put a high energy coil and whatever in the vehicle, and don't
change the plug gaps, the system still only uses 18KV.

John Hofstetter