[ihc] Re: Strange Behavior

What a polite way with words Hofs has! Instead of saying 'hey, dummy, I guess
you don't know that your ignition only uses the current it needs' he says "I
guess you all probably know...".  Well, I for one didn't know that, or maybe
if I did, I forgot it. More likely the latter, I read the Jacobs book cover to
cover more than once and I bet it's in there someplace. In my case, I did up
the plug gaps to take advantage of the hotter ignition, I'm running around
.045 and could probably go bigger. I figured that was the best compromise
between frequent plug changes and increased performance, and it seems to work
out well. Just goes to show you, you can learn something every day on the
Digest!

>Can't beat the Magnecor plug wires. The very >best by any test except for
>price.

>I guess you all probably know that regardless of >what high energy ignition
>you have, the voltage put out by the system is >determined by the resistance
>of the circuit. This includes the air gap of the >plug.

>So, if I have a system that is only demanding >18KV with the standard coil
>etc., and if I put a high energy coil and whatever >in the vehicle, and
don't
>change the plug gaps, the system still only uses >18KV.

John Hofstetter