[ihc] Re: Strange Behavior

on 3/22/04 8:26 AM, Dennis Bernth at scoutdude@domain.elided wrote:

> What a polite way with words Hofs has! Instead of saying 'hey, dummy, I guess
> you don't know that your ignition only uses the current it needs' he says "I
> guess you all probably know...".  Well, I for one didn't know that, or maybe
> if I did, I forgot it. More likely the latter, I read the Jacobs book cover to
> cover more than once and I bet it's in there someplace. In my case, I did up
> the plug gaps to take advantage of the hotter ignition, I'm running around
> .045 and could probably go bigger. I figured that was the best compromise
> between frequent plug changes and increased performance, and it seems to work
> out well. Just goes to show you, you can learn something every day on the
> Digest!

Indeed you can. Most of us on the digest recognize that and therefore try
not to talk down to other digesters.

I would never say, "Hey Dummy", to Dennis for two reasons. The least of
which is that it wouldn't be polite. The most of which is that it is very
obvious that Dennis is quite at the other end of the spectrum from any
dummy. He has been responsible for some great posts.

John

John Hofstetter
www.goldrush.com/~hofs