Re: [ihc] Coil Voltage?

On Sat, 20 Mar 2004 20:36:33 -0800 John Hofstetter <hofs@domain.elided>
writes:
John and Dan,

> Dan,
>
> It seems to me that his symptoms indicate that the ECU isn't getting
> the
> power it needs from the relay that is supposed to supply it. In that
> case,
> George could just run the wire from the battery to the relay thereby
> closing
> it, The ECU supplies the fast idle solenoid and the fuel pump with

	The problem is the trigger for the relay opens during cranking. Closed
when the key is in start position. Open during crank. Power is diverted
away from the trigger source during cranking and opens the relay. Once
the engine is started the relay closes and the ECU gets plenty of power.

George H.
72 Scout II
345 V8

Surf the Web up to FIVE TIMES FASTER!