RE: [ihc] Pics of the rock fix on my torn out spring mount, Don't take this for granite

Well, they held it up until the shackle broke... Tom, I suspect that you are
younger than me, and therefore still 'immortal'. These days, I wouldn't be
caught dead (ha ha) underneath 2 and a half tons of truck without support,
even if I thought my big head MIGHT clear the downward bounce when the jack
failed.

It reminds me of my youngest son's recent hunter safety course mantra on the
definition of a firearm safety: "a man-made, mechanical device that can and
will fail". That's how I feel about jacks, too...

Anyway, sorry to be such an 'old woman', but lately, pain and death scare
the hell out of me. -John A.
---