Re: [ihc] Venting differentials

on 12/22/03 10:06 PM, Peter Ferris at binder@domain.elided wrote:

> Mr. Hofstetter,
>
> ("John" might not be appropriate here, there's two of 'em!)
>
> Are you saying you want/need one of these:
>
> http://www.completeoffroad.com/products/i-587_vent-differential.html

Yep, that was exactly what I was looking for. Thank you.

> Looks like something that, back in the day, J.L. would make on his shop
> lathe/end-all/be-all/Shop-Smith-thingamabob gizmockus and sell to digesters
> for more or less cost (complete with application spreadsheet! ;-)).

Yep, I knew that I could fabricate something that would work, but as I said
in my post, I was looking for something that would involve a minimum amount
of labor, both physical and mental.

> Ox Trax makes some nice covers as part of a kit. It's the rest of the kit
> that goes in behind the cover that cost the BIG bucks! ;-) And for cover
> guards, Poison Spyder (http://www.poisonspydercustoms.com/index2.html) gets
> my vote. Pay attention to their "Rock Rings" on:
> http://www.poisonspydercustoms.com/rockrings2/ Then again, I'd bet ca$h
> money, The Fleckster probably has something along those lines up his sleeve
> right now.

I didn't know that the rock rings existed. It was interesting to see them on
the Poison Spyder site, but they are not nearly as elegant as the Skidrow
covers.

With the Fleckster's CNC connection, he could easily make a guard similar in
function to Poison Spyder's, and probably sell it for less. His recessed
U-bolt plates are somewhat similar in function.

Thanks for the help.

John

John Hofstetter
www.goldrush.com/~hofs