RE: [ihc] Venting differentials

Mr. Hofstetter,

("John" might not be appropriate here, there's two of 'em!)

Are you saying you want/need one of these:

http://www.completeoffroad.com/products/i-587_vent-differential.html

??

I REALLY don't wanna kill a sale for the Fleckster... But I want to be sure
I know what yer talkin' about!

I presume you just connect a hose (of whatever length suits you) to a barb
fitting or whatever and go forth and immerse some more... Or something like
that. For that matter, probably a small hose clamp would secure the hose to
the fitting.  But like 99% of everything else I talk about, I have no
firsthand experience here. For generic non-caustic liquids/fluids/gases I
like Tygon tubing - but not sure how it would(n't) behave around hot exhaust
pipes, etc., over time (ranging from 30 seconds to 30 years! ;-)).
http://www.tygon.com/Data/Element/Node/ProductLine/product_line_edit.asp?ele
_ch_id=L0000000000000001490  etc., etc.

Looks like something that, back in the day, J.L. would make on his shop
lathe/end-all/be-all/Shop-Smith-thingamabob gizmockus and sell to digesters
for more or less cost (complete with application spreadsheet! ;-)).

Ox Trax makes some nice covers as part of a kit. It's the rest of the kit
that goes in behind the cover that cost the BIG bucks! ;-) And for cover
guards, Poison Spyder (http://www.poisonspydercustoms.com/index2.html) gets
my vote. Pay attention to their "Rock Rings" on:
http://www.poisonspydercustoms.com/rockrings2/ Then again, I'd bet ca$h
money, The Fleckster probably has something along those lines up his sleeve
right now.

Hope that helps (but prob not).

Cheers,

--Pete