[ihc] New member with Travelall

Greetings

The post below got me thinking that it's finally time for this new
member to send a message. I have a 67 Travelall 1200 4x4 5 speed and
really enjoy it so far. It's been a bit neglected and I have some wishes
for items and have had variable success with ebay and other routes so
I'll see if anyone on this list can help out.

This message reminded me that my tailgate and back quarters are a bit
tweaked. I'd love to find a back end in good shape and if I could find a
rear set up for barn doors I'd be really pleased. Are these incredibly
rare? I've haven't seen a pair yet. A drivers side front fender would be
nice to find since mine seems to have gotten aquatinted with the rust worms.

I'm also looking for a backup light lens. There was a pair on ebay but
someone sniped it out from under me with a 30 second before closing
snipe bid that I couldn't beat even though I was right there to respond
to being outbid. Ebay can be pretty frustrating these days. I guess
finding a pair of lights for under 20 was too good to be true but I
really don't want to have to invest in sniping software. I'd like to
find a good lens though one of mine is broken. Are the taillight and
backup light gaskets still available?

It appears that I have some rust in the cowl. How hard is it to fix
this? The drivers side vent is just sort of hanging there and I know
I'll want to do a better fix than the duct tape that is now keeping the
draft off my legs.

Is there a disk brake conversion for these axles? My brakes work ok but
given the size of this beast and its ability to go 70 mph down the
highway I'd love to know I had a better margin of safety. I hope the
answer isn't get some other type of axle. I already got new wheels for
this strange lug pattern from Stockton wheel. They do look really nice.
If someone else is thinking of ordering them I'd recommend thinking
about getting some additional offset. When I remeasured I found that my
wheels centers were out about an inch from stock. Since the wheels are
8" that's not too bad but I am concerned that I'm not putting too much
strain on the wheel and knuckle bearings by doing this. Since I didn't
go overboard on the tires I think I'll be fine though.

The good news is that the new springs and shocks that I had John at Back
Country Binders put on it are working very nicely. I really like the way
the truck is sitting now. It has a winch and big winch bumper on the
front so the added leaf made a difference and with the new shocks I
don't bounce around anymore so now I can go fast enough to feel I should
do something to improve the brakes. I noticed that someone has made an
adapter for Chevys that have the same master cylinder/clutch cylinder
combo that allows them to use a dual circuit master. Has anyone done
anything like that for these vehicles?

I know this is a lot of questions but I'm pretty excited about driving
this thing. After lurking for a while you look like a pretty helpful
group so I bet someone will have some ideas. Once I get my camera going
again I'll post some pictures. These are neat vehicles. I'm a long time
car and truck nut and love the ones that get the smiles. This one
certainly does. It's fun to share our experiences and I'm happy to be on
another cool list.
thanks in advance
David V