Re: [ihc] Reverse Polarity (coil "Q")

----- Original Message -----
From: "Ryan Moore" <baradium@domain.elided>

 <snip>
> Oh, and a long time ago there was talk about pertronix taking a gold box
> dizzy to make their own module for it, you heard anything about that?

---Actually Ryan, I was the one who had talked to the techies over at
Pertronix and offered to send them a dizzy body so they could build the
Ignitor for the Holley Gold Box dizzy. I also believe I posted on the Digest
that I had traded Colin G. the working Holley gold box dizzy for a
Prestolite dizzy so he could design a module to replace the external module
(gold box).

---I had to do what was necessary to get mine to fire correctly, but I still
have a frozen dizzy and as soon as I get time to free it up and rebuild it
(bushings and such), I will send it off to them... if they have not designed
one by then.

---I can't remember the price off the top of my head, I talked to them on
the phone so there is not paper trail to look back at, but; To have the
first dizzy fitted with the Pertronix I was told would run the original
customer just under $200 (actual price should* be in the archives
somewhere). It would require the shipping of the dizzy on the vehicle, or a
spare, and 60-90 days before you get word of it being shipped back. What I
figured I would do, is send them a gold box dizzy to use as a working model,
just so that people who decide to go with the Pertronix don't have to wait
the 90 days. That would make it availible for order from any company that
carries their products, befor someone needs it, and knock the price for the
original doen to the price for a normal Ignitor.

---As stated, this has not come into play as of yet. I had also stated on
the Digest that if someone else had a working body (w/ advance plate), maybe
they could consider sending it to Pertronix as a donor. I said at that time
that there was no telling when I would be able to get around to it. If I win
the lottery tomorrow, I will work on it all night if need be and send it out
the day after.

---Once I do, if still needed, I will post here and on the BB "Subject
line - Holley Gold Box Dizzy Rebuild Kits" or something to that effect. I
would want to make it as simple for them as I could. I don't want to send
them a siezed up dizzy that needs to be rebuilt and expect them to rebuild
it... unless they are going to rebuild them anyway. Then I would just free
it up and send it to them so that they* don't break the body trying to rush
the project.

---Thank you,
-T.R.E.Jr.
-`73 Scout II (StoneThrower)
-`51 Farmall H (Heinz)
-`49 IH fridge (presently unnamed and in need of a compressor)
-`49 Plymouth Special Deluxe 4-door Sedan (Papapalooza)