Re: [ihc] Reverse Polarity (coil "Q")

----- Original Message -----
From: "T.R.E.Jr." <T_R_E_Jr@domain.elided>
To: "Ryan Moore" <baradium@domain.elided>; "IHC-Digest" <ihc@domain.elided>
Sent: Thursday, November 20, 2003 19:38
Subject: Re: [ihc] Reverse Polarity (coil "Q")

> ---You are correct, Holley "gold box" ignition" which I would see would be
> more $$$ to convert to than it was worth... then again, it might work good
> now that all the circuitry is new. I had not known that there was a
> difference or that Holley made two types of electronic ignitions for IHC.
My
> service manual only shows the one Holley electronic ignition.

It wasn't made for IH,  HEI is used mostly in GM, and a TON of GMs have
it...

> ---As for the white wire, I have a Holley 2300 carb that has, in my newest
> phase (parts replacement) lost one vacuum fitting and gained one in
another
> location. This puts me again at one vacuum fitting on the carb and that
> being for either vacuum advance or capped off if vacuum advance is off the
> manifold, which it is. The white wire is not used, because IIRC, it was
> unneeded and forgotten about immediately (it is for the Throttle Decel
> Module which I would like to hook up, but have not the components [now do
> really* want them] needed to utilize TDM). Remember, this is an antique
> motor with newer heads and intake/valley pan. No emissions, a total of two
> vacuum fittings on the entire motor and an EGR valve (which it presently
> does not have).

Ah.... if I had a vacuum diaphgram for the cruise control I could hook it up
as well as use that to have the decell module working (I think).  The
remains of my original ended up completely falling apart (thanks again to
Peach Auto, if there are any GA list members left, avoid them with a 100
yard pole, forget the 10 foot one).

> ---Regarding the manual; Sorry, no, I didn't notice any years. Call down
> Binder Books and ask. Or call SSS and see what they can find out for you.
> From what I saw, the same service manual CTS number was applied to three
> different manuals. Maybe it is part 1, 2 & 3 of a certain task... like
> in-depth motor rebuilding <shrug>.

I think that they (binder books) split up the manual into 3 different ones
for sale... just judging based on the fact that one seems to cover
everything that they sell, and then they sell specific ones for different
vehicles.  Ones on ebay seem to only be the originals that cover
everything... they are going for a lot of $$$ too unfortunately...

-Ryan