[ihc] Passed... Almost with Flying Colors

---As it may already be known, the wife's Nissan Ditchfinder's radiator blew
up and the water pump is seized. Don't know the extent of the damage yet, I
am busy working on the Scout and earning the common dollar, but I would
guess at least one of the heads are cracked or warped. Those aluminum
engines don't like when this sort of thing happens and it is almost
guaranteed to happen once there is no water in the cooling system.

-ANYWAY, I took my wife (Jamie) to practice today and the Scout did pretty
good. I had a little exhaust pop when settling into cruising speed and
slight acceleration once the speed was maintained (which may be just the
check-ball clearance needing to be adjusted), but all-in-all, during the 10
mile trek, she didn't act up once... until...

-...I stopped at the store on the way back. When I got back in the Scout and
attempted to start her, she didn't want to do anything more than chug once
and let me crank her some more. She acted like she had water in the tank
basically, with the exception of how she ran after the four attempts and
finally getting her started. That I am sure was accomplished by applying the
"choke on, choke off, choke on, choke off" action which made me feel like my
Scout needed static electricity to help fire. Pretty strange considering she
fired up like she used to when cold, less than three revolutions of the
starter and she'd start.

---Once she fired up, she ran like normal. Drove her the final 7 miles home
and she didn't even do what she normally does... die just as the front
wheels are about to hit the driveway. Yeah, she acts like most kids do, once
we get home, she acts like she is sleeping. She also didn't suck gas down,
but there was a noticeable change in the needle/gauge when we had problems
starting her. I am not going to say that this is the module, so I will check
some coils I have, test the one on her and attempt the points dizzy. I am
going to go through the manual and perform what tests I can... hope I have
all the needed meters and such, so if I don't I will be jumping into the
world of the IH points dizzy.

---Is there a way to set dwell on these? What is the gap for the contacts?
Is the resistor needed (which I have from the Holley ignition and am using
with the Prestolite) in the #16 circuit when using a points dizzy?

---Wish me luck. :-D

---I was about to send this when a thought came over me. I would be severely
upset, almost to the extend of laughing hysterically and being committed, if
the problem was due to mud-daubers building a nest in my muffler(s)... LMAO,
seriously though, just a thought.

---Thank you,
-T.R.E.Jr.
-`73 Scout II (StoneThrower)
-`51 Farmall H (Heinz)
-`49 IH fridge (presently unnamed and in need of a compressor)
-`49 Plymouth Special Deluxe 4-door Sedan (Papapalooza)