Re: [ihc] Reverse Polarity (coil "Q")

---You are correct, Holley "gold box" ignition" which I would see would be
more $$$ to convert to than it was worth... then again, it might work good
now that all the circuitry is new. I had not known that there was a
difference or that Holley made two types of electronic ignitions for IHC. My
service manual only shows the one Holley electronic ignition.

---As for the white wire, I have a Holley 2300 carb that has, in my newest
phase (parts replacement) lost one vacuum fitting and gained one in another
location. This puts me again at one vacuum fitting on the carb and that
being for either vacuum advance or capped off if vacuum advance is off the
manifold, which it is. The white wire is not used, because IIRC, it was
unneeded and forgotten about immediately (it is for the Throttle Decel
Module which I would like to hook up, but have not the components [now do I
really* want them] needed to utilize TDM). Remember, this is an antique
motor with newer heads and intake/valley pan. No emissions, a total of two
vacuum fittings on the entire motor and an EGR valve (which it presently
does not have).

---Regarding the manual; Sorry, no, I didn't notice any years. Call down to
Binder Books and ask. Or call SSS and see what they can find out for you.
From what I saw, the same service manual CTS number was applied to three
different manuals. Maybe it is part 1, 2 & 3 of a certain task... like
in-depth motor rebuilding <shrug>.

---Thank you,
-T.R.E.Jr.
-`73 Scout II (StoneThrower)
-`51 Farmall H (Heinz)
-`49 IH fridge (presently unnamed and in need of a compressor)
-`49 Plymouth Special Deluxe 4-door Sedan (Papapalooza)